For fin fan Tubes
Near field testing (NFT) is used to inspect carbon steel fin fan tubes.
The Best Crews in the Business
The TechCorr difference is our highly trained crews. They work efficiently and report quickly.
They are unique in the industry in that they consist of:
- a two-person team to perform the inspection
- an additional technician to analyze results on-site.
The result is we can typically provide:
- an initial report on the day of inspection
- a final report that is delivered in days, not weeks.
Our crews are trained in a variety of tubular testing techniques so they can perform complementary inspections, providing the most comprehensive service possible. Other techniques include:
Thorough Reports, Fully Explained
Reports are only useful when the customer understands them fully.
TechCorr ensures our customers understand our reports by:
- explaining initial reports on the day of inspection
- providing a timeline for final report delivery
- conducting an exit interview to answer all questions.
TechCorr’s goal is to provide excellent service and exceed the industry standard.
NFT is used with carbon steel fin fan tubes.
corrosion, errosion, pitting, wall loss
Inner Diameter/Outer Diameter Recognition
NDFT oly inspects ID; OD detections are very limited.
Outer Diameter Range
.75” – 2”
Wall Thickness Range
.065” – .150”
Production Rate of Three Person Crew
Up to 250 30’ tubes / 8 hour shift
Site Preperation Information
- clean tubes so they are free of scale, debris, and most importantly magnetic deposits (10,000-20,000 psi hydro-blasting is recommended)
- provide 110 VAC power source
- provide scaffolding and/or cover for equipment.
- equipment number
- service name
- total number of tubes
- percentage of tubes for inspection
- tube material
- tube outer diameter
- tube wall thickness or gauge
- tube length
- access requirements to exchanger
- special safety requirements
- suspected or predicted damage
- tube side service
- shell side service